Chapter 6,7: Directed Reading Assignment
- Three thematic categories are the traditional, garden and mountain wedding
- There is need to determine the solution to the conflicts. The consultants needs to advise the couple on the difference between reality and the fantasy which is usually created by the wedding. Therefore, in doing the purchases, the brides ought to go for the reality and be willing to realize that there has never been a perfect wedding. This piece of advice can be emphasized while going for the various visits such as the flower and the formal vendor visits. There is need to meet the consumer’s expectations on the products and the vendor expectations. This can be through changing of vendors to work with the desirable one, starting the preparations early for the wedding, simplifying the wedding, and conforming to the expectations of the special people in the lives of the couple.
- In case 6.2, the couple incorporated their theme by ensuring that they found a luxurious hotel where they could lavishly entertain their guests. They also incorporated the theme by using the equipments that conspicuously brought out the richness and the greatness of the couple. By coordinating with all vendors, the tone of the wedding was brought out. Ensuring that the bride and her bridal maids dressed in the same kind of dresses to emphasize the culture; incorporating of the traditional culture of bringing presents to the couple.
- From Case 6.3, the main attributes that stand out include the short timeline with which the consultant is to finish up with the laying out as per the demands. The perfectionist idea that the couples have and the so demanding bride who is causing fear to the staff.
- The theme of the wedding, the time when the occasion is to start and conclude, the finance at hand, the couples desires and the availability of the services to the venue (Daniels & Loveless, 98).
- Guests are not supposed to touch or move anything. Guests are to use the designated routes and not to loiter around. Guests are also to ask for help wherever they encounter a challenge in understanding anything within the building. They are not to individually solve the challenge
- The average wedding budget range from US$ 2,400 to US$ 6,000. This range has been over emphasized. This is because of the perception of the residents that wedding must show the financial status of the couples and therefore every couple tries to outdo the other.
- It is interesting to realize that even the physically challenged are choosing a travelers’ wedding venue. The physically need to overcome various obstacles to enjoy their dream destinations. They are to overcome their fears and any limitations for them to fully entertain themselves.
- This law is biased, as people should be allowed to spend their rightly acquired wealth to their satisfaction. As long as no rights of other people are infringed, then couples are to enjoy their weddings as they so desire. However, there is need to control the prices of the commodities and essentials for the wedding. This is because many people forgo this day because of the huge expenses that they have to incur.
- The budget allocation most surprising is the one on the airplane. This budget is too big for the average citizen to meet. Therefore in as much as a couple may desire to have a simple wedding performed maybe on the plane, they may not meet this desire unless they are able to part with such huge amounts of money.
- I would openly discuss the timings of the occasion, the charges, and their preferences in relation to the sites chosen to visit. This would give me a clear picture of the activities the couple intends to engage in during this session.
- Tipping as etiquette for weddings is a tradition that has come a long way. It is a form of appreciating the service providers for the satisfactory services rendered. Therefore, the providers go the extra mile to ensure that the couples and the guests are satisfied. This calls for appreciation. This tradition should therefore be upheld for years to come. This is because the appreciated employee will feel elated and work better.
- I clearly and openly share with the couple over the activities they are to get involved in during the honeymoon. This will help be organize for any extra transportation needed or more early bookings required. I also have the chance of sharing with them what is available in terms of unique adventures and the timings.
Weddings on Glamour magazine
- Wedding mix is a good idea on the couples on a budget. This is because it is fair in price (Kelsey, 2015). It is also private as the friends and relatives take photos of intimate moments in the wedding (Kelsey, 2015). This is unlike the case where a total stranger comes in. This idea gives the guests a chance to cover the most interesting and personal moments from their perception.
- Alternately, I would request some of the family members to come up with videos and camera to capture the intimate and exciting moments only. Thereafter I would personally edit and combine the products to come up with the entire coverage. Another option is to involve one of the family members to cover the whole session and later appreciate them for the effort.
- Other categories I would willingly reduce include the food budget. Instead of the traditional three-course meal, I would go for snacks, creatively decorated. I would also reduce the budget for the venue. Instead of going for the most exciting and romantic place, I would use one of the home backgrounds of either my friends or my relatives. This would be considered in relation to the central distance that the guests would cover.
Chapter 6: Determining the vision
- A wedding theme inspired by a movie may not exist for a long time. This is because these themes keep on changing as newer and ideas that are more creative are formulated (Glamour, 2015). Moreover, this is not the desire of every couple. Hence, such couples may come up with themes to suit their desires.
- To me a traditional wedding is far much better than the themed wedding. This is because it is cheaper to organize for a traditional wedding than for the movie inspired wedding.
The benefits of a themed wedding inspired on movies are that it is among the unique weddings, elegant, exciting, and fun. It is also among the wedding themes hence all the modern forms of technology are incorporated. The cons include the cost involved in planning for such weddings. It does not involve all the close people, as few guests are involved in the entire process.
Daniels, M., & Loveless, C. (2014). Wedding planning and management: Consultancy for diverse clients. (2nd Ed). Milton Park: Routledge.
Kelsey, Borresen. This ‘Stars Wars’ wedding is equal parts Geek and Chic: The Huffington Post. 2015, 4th February.
Glamour Magazine. Save the date: Wedding Mix Video Review. 2015, February.