June 8, 2015
This serves as the core basis of the course and the values, skills, and knowledge that will be achieved during the semester.
- Course introduction
- Ethical Standards
- Course Summary
June 10, 2015
This is important for human resource management to find and retain crucial talent within the organization using a multiplicity of strategies.
- The next generation HR
- Retain critical talent segment
June 15, 2015
Retrieved from a course project executive summary by Emily Girtin, Qasim Bunaiyan, Abdulaziz Alotaibi, and Abdulaziz Al-Mesaifiri. The article is titled ‘Conflict at workplace.
The article’s importance lies in understanding the role, type, and resolution of conflict within the workplace.
- Dealing with conflict effectively is an important aspect of a manager.
- Difference between counseling and coaching.
- Primary job of manager and leader is to enable performance and success of their people.
- Fine balance a good manager has this.
- Motivate employee.
- Mangers need to treat everyone as an individual.
June 17, 2015
Retrieved from a group presentation by Abdulaziz Al-mejali, Vivian Luong, Nawaf Bin Shalan and Yazeed Alnowaiser
The importance of this lies in the ability to control and manage a work force to become autonomous and productive in the execution of their duties.
- Micromanagement is bad:
- Council: deals with employee problem
- Credible activist.
- Capability Builder
- Strong organization by helping to define and build its organization.
June 22, 2015
This is important in creating leaders that are effective in the management of the employees and tasks or projects allocated.
- Element to be a successful manager
- Listening skill.
- Give direction guidance.
- Confidence – self esteem
- Critical thinking
- Brain stormier
- Performance: not just setting until the task done, did you use a collaborative effort
June 24, 2015
- Self assessment
- Clarity feedback
- Technology proponent
July 1, 2015
Retrieved from the article on compensation
Its importance lies in the fact that Compensation is one of the critical tools used by companies to attract, motivate, and retain qualified employees.
- Direct Compensation
- Indirect compensation
- Labor Market Conditions.
- Collective Bargaining:
- Managerial Attitude and Organizational Ability to pay:
July 6, 2015
This area is important during the hiring, recruitment and employee management to ensure that their legal rights are followed.
- Employment contracts
- The Unionization Process
- The organizing Drive
- The bargaining unit
- Procedural justice and ethics in employee relations
- employment at will
July 13, 2015
This area is essential in promoting a culture of performance and efficacy in the employees through such actions as feedback that is both positive and negative.
- Progressive discipline
- Oral warning
- Written warning
- A discipline
- Always try to work with resulting multiple desire charges.
- Most people want direction but not to be micromanager.
- Don’t say I hope or I will try to do it but say I will do it.
July 17, 2015
This area is important since it instills a sense of employee development towards becoming effective in the execution of their duties and mandate.
- Increase employee autonomy
- Increase employee mastery
- Creating relationships of trust between staff and management
- Sharing information between employee
- Displaying integrity to build trust
- Important of performance appraisal
Importance of the Learning Outcomes
- Human resource management- according to the class readings and learning, the majority of issues arising are mainly focused on poor management of the employees
- Changes to the human resource management can involve:
- better staffing
- management of employees’ needs such as education, training, and better remuneration
- The choice of human resource management as the key reason for this learning outcome is because it plays an integral role in ensuring that the needs of the employees are addressed effectively. Further, it allows the organization to produce its mandate, goals, and objectives through better work output from the employees. For instance, an issue like micromanagement of the employees can be identified by better communication strategies being placed by the human resource department. A strategy such as constant suggestion and feedback from the employees can be useful in understanding what issues underlie their work output, work environments, and assist in generating effective strategies to counter. For instance, turnover rates are mainly due to a multiplicity of factors that could be bridged by close human resource management by engaging the employees and managers on improving skills, knowledge and work output of the employees.
- The knowledge acquired will be integral in ensuring that work environments are maintained in a professional and ethical manner that advocates for the support of worker’s rights, while maintaining the goals and objectives of the organization. The knowledge acquired for effective management of employees will not only be essential in bringing change to employee effectiveness and productivity, but also on building strong leadership skills and knowledge. This would be essential in my future career plans to be an effective manager and leader. Knowledge on contracts and laws would be essential in giving the organization legal protection from problems arising due to poor understanding of rules, guidelines, and procedures to perform different tasks within the organization such as involuntary separation, hiring, and recruitment, employee rights, among others. Finally, the knowledge gained on controlling micromanagement of the employees will improve my skills in giving employees autonomy in developing quality skills when performing their duties. It would grant them the chance for self-realization, self-efficacy, and self-development. This would serve to ensure that the outcome of tasks allocated is optimal and excellent.