Assignment 1: Cardio-Pulmonary Infographics Scholarly Paper (10 points)
Instructions for directions to access the scholarly paper assignment Infographics resources:
- You will need to sign in as a student to access the library resources.
- Please go to the Library Nusing LibGuide and locate Access Medicine (Database). Locate your Track Specific Resources clinical program ( FNP, PMHNP, AGACNP) and click ion Access Medicine.
- Locate Access Medicine and then locate the Infographics Tab. Click on this tab and it will open several Infographic specific systems. Locate the Cardiology and Pulmonology to choose your disease for this assignment. (Attached you will find the Infographics Tab selected by me)
Scholarly Paper Instructions: APA formatting will be required for this paper. Please see Student Resources in course Modules and APA required 2020 textbook.
A Title Page and Reference Page will be required and NOT counted as part of the assignment page requirements. The minimum page requirement for the paper is 2-3 pages.
- Select one disease topic from either a Pulmonary or Cardiology Disease Infographic Guide.
- Using APA formatting for a scholarly paper, you will discuss the following in your paper:
- Etiology of Disease
- Clinical Presentation
- Treatment/Management of Disease
- Patient Education (list a minimum of 3 items pertinent to the chosen Infographics topic).
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 2 to 3 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
- Include a minimum of two (2) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references (you can use Pubmed for articles references less than 5 years old)
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
- Submit by the posted due date
Cardio-Pulmonary Infographics Scholarly Paper Rubric ( 10 points)
|Assignment Criteria||3 points||2 points||1 point||0 points|
|All topics/criteria addressed, and all questions fully answered.||All topics/criteria addressed, and most questions fully answered.||All topics/criteria addressed, and most questions partially answered.||One or more topics/criteria not addressed or completely answered.|
|Quality/Accuracy of Information||3 points||2 points||1 point||0 points|
|Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It includes several supporting details and/or examples.||Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It provides supporting details and/or examples.||Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. A few details and/or examples are given.||Information has little or nothing to do with the main topic/criteria.|
|Organization||2 points||1 points||0.5 points||0 points|
|Information is very organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.||Information organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.||There is an attempt at organization, but errors exist. No levels of heading.||The information or overall structure appears disorganized.|
|Sources||2 points||1 point||0.5 points||0 points|
|All references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe, or a classic/ historical source.||Most references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe or a classic/historical source.||Some references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5-years.||Majority of references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5-years.|
|Up to 10% of the assigned points (total points of assignment) can be deducted from the earned points for errors in APA style [title page, introduction, purpose statement, level heading, conclusion, references, citations, and format], spelling, and/or grammar.|
|Final Total||10 points|