INNOVATIVE POPULATION HEALTH MODEL PROJECT
For the final project, you will serve as a healthcare leader who has the opportunity to address a population health condition within your organization/community. To address this issue you must secure funding; thereby, writing a proposal to a prospective financial supporter.
Leaders will create a proposal for an innovative population health model to address a major public health issue. The following 8 elements must be included:
** The population health issue is a suicide, so I would like the funding proposal to be related to suicide prevention**
1. Define a health issue and why it is of concern.
2. Define your organization/community where this is of concern.
3. What are the determinants of health that influence this health issue?
4. What is the economic impact of the health condition?
5. What policies have been created around this issue? Have they impacted the issue? If so, how?
6. Who are the stakeholders? How will they be engaged?
7. there current evidence-based models that could be applied within your organization/community?
8. KEY FINANCIAL DATA ELEMENTS WHICH SUPPORT THE NEED OF THIS INNOVATIVE POPULATION HEALTH MODEL: see below
How many Americans will be diagnosed with the illness?
Total cost of the illness Medicaid/Medicare fee for service dollars Life expectancies
The impact of the illness on healthcare costs and productivity losses
Follow the guidelines below when submitting your proposal:
Type in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, 12 pt. font size, Times New Roman or Arial font type
A minimum of ten (10) pages
Comply with the APA 6th edition guidelines
A minimum of five (5) references