This will be Part A of three parts (Part B and C) of your Leadership Project
Part A of the Systems Leadership Project will consist of:
Part A will consist of identifying a quality improvement or evidence-based or financial/knowledge-based issue in an area of nursing practice. This issue must be relevant to your role as a nurse leader (Director of Nursing in Telemetry or Medical-Surgical Unit) and an area of interest for you.
Part A of this assignment will be to identify the significance of the problem and your role as an MSN Nurse Leader in addressing the issue with supporting evidence from current literature.
Your final paper should be 4 pages (not including Title & Reference Pages) following APA 7th Citation. Included peer-reviewed articles within the last 5-years. Note: More than 10% plagiarism WILL NOT be accepted, cite all sources.
The following objectives are to be addressed in Part A:
Identify the significance of the problem and your role as an MSN Nurse Leader in addressing the issue with supporting evidence from current literature.
- Describe how the problem area impacts the three system levels within the organizational structure—microsystem, mesosystem, and macrosystem. (2 pages)
- At what system level will change be most required to address the problem area—microsystem, mesosystem, or macrosystem level?
- Will the problem be addressed by focusing on only one of the system levels?
- Will all system levels be included when addressing the problem area?
- Describe your role as the MSN leader in supporting the change process. (2 pages)
- What leadership skills will you utilize to lead the change effort?
- How will you deal with individuals at the three levels of the system, as well as stakeholders with differing opinions?
- How will you assure there is reawakened passion for the change effort to be sustained?