The report should reflect student experience and inputs regarding the quality issues, problems, and continuous quality improvement strategies.
The report is divided into 5 main sections as follows:
The objectives of writing this report are to:
- Identify the key quality issues, problems, barriers, and challenges particularly in relation to the health services and the quality of care in my hospitals/department in eastern province KSA;
- Highlight the weaknesses and strengths of quality of care provided to patients and & Staff performance
- Provide recommendations describing how a better quality of care can improve patient outcomes in KSA in the future.
a. Brief description of the hospital (type of services, capacity, different departments, mission, organizational structure, hospital accreditation status. And different quality units as; Quality/Patient Safety/ Risk Management), under each, write the goals or activities. Identify and document what are the certifications, awards, or accreditations that were received or expected by the hospital particularly (JCI and CBAHI).
b. Touring the department, Comprehensive description of the department in which the report is about (type of services, number of staff, the capacity of services, Goal of the department, departmental organizational structure.
C. Clear Description of all activities performed and Key Performance Indicators in the Department.
3. Identify the key quality issues, problems in relation to lean and waste present in dept.
4. Highlight the weaknesses and strengths of quality of care provided to patients and & Staff performance (talk about sources of quality problems as the department report, complaints from patients or administration.
- Student Reflection and recommendations: Provide recommendations describing how the better quality of care and performance can improve patient outcomes in KSA in the future by using a quality improvement project
- Write in detail about some Quality Improvements projects that could be implemented in your department
Elements to consider in writing the final report:
- While writing your final report you should consider all activities performed in your department and include all in your final report.
- Use professional experience guidelines while describing quality tasks and activities
- Read many references and case studies regarding quality issues and problems and quality improvement projects in KSA hospitals and each student should search about her department e.g. Emergency department, medical education or psychiatry ….etc.
- Write clearly the quality issues and categorize it (issues related to patients, issues related to staff ……etc.
- Write clearly how you are Assessing the performance of the hospital quality assurance, data collection methods used. Document different tools used to assess the quality improvements that are used in various
- While drafting and recommend improvement projects try to use the integrated lean methodology for improving quality issues in departments.
- demonstrate how the statistics are presented to the decision-makers
- Write about three quality indicators used in one or more clinical departments in the
- Determine the reasons for choosing these indicators; how the indicators are operationalized, how the data was/is collected,
- What was/is the frequency this indicator was/is collected and for how
- Who will collect the indicator; was/is there a baseline for this indicator; how the level of the indicator changed from baseline, or previous
- Describe the reporting system. & describe involvement in the investigative process for an adverse event.
- Discuss hospital activities to disseminate the culture of patient safety and if there is any plans to spread this culture between different healthcare providers