TAX FRAUD Research Paper
A research paper is required for this course.
Papers are to be at least 5 pages no more than 8 pages, Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, typewritten in APA (6th ed.) format, and you must have at least five academic quality references outside your required textbook cited in the paper.
A structured examination for your paper assignment should be set up as follows:
- Describe and analyze how the fraud was executed
- Identify the parties that were involved (for example suspect(s), the victim(s), witness (es), anonymous tips, law enforcement personnel, etc.).
- Give a description of the suspects/victims profile
- Recognize the motives (or possible motives if not reported) of the suspect(s)
- Identify a possible Fraud Triangle Theory
- Identify internal controls that might have deterred or prevented the fraud from occurring
- What could have been done to prevent the fraud
- What could have been done to detect the fraud
- Document how the fraud was investigated
- Discuss the resolution (or possible resolution if the case is still pending)
- Possible items that could be included in the appendices:
- Copies of articles that discuss the fraud
- Any financial statements
- Charts, graphs, or tables that help to illustrate your research
- Bullet points of a timeline that breaks down your research