The goal of this exercise is to practice descriptions of situations and notes emerging from participant observation (p.o.). P.O. is one of the main methods to analyze social movements.
Assignment: conduct fieldwork online on Corona
• Which forms of collective actions/ protests/ social movements emerge in reaction to the
• Neighborhood networks
• Anti-Europe sentiments
• Defiance on state-imposed measures
• How do the Corona epidemics influence existing social movements?
• New tactics: online protests
• Change of arguments/strengthening of arguments
• Adding new aspects to cause
• Description of field site
• Where?/ When? / Who?/ How many people?/ Why?
• Description of participants
• Which “affiliated” or sympathizing groups could you find?
• Which slogans were used?
• Which colors/symbols/banners were used?
• What questions could we discuss based on what you have seen?
Comments from Customer
Discipline: Social Movement