Character: a main character from Me myself and Irene
You can use this link here to see what the character is about:
It is time to start thinking about the case study project. This project simulates the process a mental health provider might go through in case supervision or consultation, wherein one presents for feedback:
- the pertinent details of a client’s social history;
- the onset and symptoms of the identified problem
- the proposed diagnosis
- the features of a client’s internal, social, and environmental strengths as well as challenges or weaknesses
- the proposed course of intervention
The first step in completing the case study project is to choose a movie or book character from any movie or book of your choice. You will use this movie or book character as a fictional client who has sought your professional help for outpatient therapy. You will be presenting this client for review in a mock clinical supervision/consultation session where your fellow classmates are your professional colleagues. The more interesting the character, the more interesting the project will be for both you and your classmates.
- Identify and differentiate the classification of psychological disorders
- Evaluate treatment approaches
Submit a 325-word paper describing the movie or book character you will be focusing on for the Case Study Project. Write a brief synopsis of the movie or book and describe some of the character’s traits and behaviors. Explain why this character might make for a good case study. Also, indicate the preliminary diagnoses you plan to investigate while assessing the character.