NURS 4600 RN to BS Capstone
Read Chapter 1 in Porter-O’Grady, T. & Malloch, K. (2016). Leadership in Nursing Practice, 2nd ed. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Access and review the Online Resources for Quality Evaluation on page 12.
Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) Database: https://www.npaf.org/images/pdf/NPAFCERDatabase.pdf
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): https://www.ahrq.gov
- Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses: https://www.ahrq.gov/qual/nurseshdbk
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI): https://www.pcori.org
- National Quality Forum: https://www.qualityforum.org
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF): https://www.npsf.org
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): https://www.nih.gov
- National Patient Advocate Foundation (NPAF): https://www.npaf.org
- Consider a change that has occurred in another area of interest in nursing
- Identify one topic: patient safety
- Describe the “Who, why, when, and how” of change (refer to content in Chapter 1). Include how resistance to change was or was not addressed.
- Refer to the Online Resources for Quality Evaluation on page 12. Review a few of the resources and identify the one which could assist with the change process.
- Utilize a professional writing style that demonstrates reflection on the topic, and explain how this online resource could be utilized to support the proposed change (or change already in progress).
- Search the nursing literature and provide one nursing research study which discusses the “change” and may or may not support the “who, why, when, and how” that occurred.
- Use APA writing style including a cover page with headings, in-text citations, and a list of references (you will most likely be citing the textbook as well as the website and the research article).
- The writing assignment should be 2-3 pages in length, adhere to APA references and citations, and have a professional writing style.
Grading rubric: This is a “Web-based” assignment worth 10% of the final grade.
|Change is clearly identified and described.||35 points|
|One online resource is identified and utilized to further support the proposed change.||15 points|
|One nursing research article is discussed in relation to the topic, and how it may or may not support the method of change.||20 points|
|Writing style demonstrates professional writing style, correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.||20 points|
|APA writing style is used including title page, in-text citations, and reference list.||10 points|