This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
MN504-3: Differentiate statistical output for data analysis.
Evidence-Based Clinical Question Search Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to give you a practical application to implement your PICOT idea, supported by the evidence-based research you have obtained during your systematic review. You will apply evidence-based research findings discovered from your clinical question, and then integrate those to support your suggested change in nursing practice.
(in my case future practice will be Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner / AGACNP).
- Identify your refined PICOT question.
- Using PubMed and the Cochrane collaboration database, do a systematic review of your clinical question.
- Describe your systematic review and include an errors analysis.
- Determine an evidence-based quantitative article from the search that contains an evidence-based randomized control trial.
- Summarize the case study selected.
- Describe the study approach, sample size, and population studied.
- Apply the evidence from this review to your practice specifically in your overview.
- Evaluate the outcomes, identifying the validity and reliability.
- Discuss if the study contained any bias.
- Determine the level of evidence identified in the review.
- The length should be no less than 10 Pages in APA format.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word document.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar, and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations that were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow the proper APA citation style. Review the APA formatting and citation style found in the Writing Center. To access the Writing Center, select this link. (It should include a cover sheet, paper is double spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references at the bottom of the last page.)
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on University’s Plagiarism policy, refer to the current University Catalog.