TEAM MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Effective teams have a proper balance of conformity and deviance. Managers are tasked with ensuring a proper balance that results in high team performance, and yields needed improvements and changes from synergy. This assignment evaluates the team management concept of encouraging a balance of conformity and deviance.
Remember: This assignment and all assignments in this course have a management, not leadership focus. There is a distinct difference between management and leadership. Discuss management, not leadership. The Contemporary Management text only provides basic topical information. As a research-intensive doctoral course, you will need to research current scholarly literature. There is no assignment in this course that can be completed by relying on the text alone.
This 1000 minimum, 1500 maximum word paper needs to be written with these 2 main sections:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the concept of ‘Balancing Conformity and Deviance’ in helping an organization attain a competitive advantage through synergy by comparing it to one of the following team management concepts (ownership, delegate, relationships, reward, recognition, support, conflict, goals, feedback, communication, trust, cooperation, and harmony). Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the 2 concepts. (at least 900 words)
- Provide new thoughts related to this topic. Give your opinion in the form of new insights that you gained about the topic of team management. Your new insights must demonstrate a synthesis of biblical principles and secular knowledge. Some suggested (not required) questions for reflection: Does the Bible advocate balancing conformity and deviance? If so, cite the biblical example or principle. What is the biblical answer to groupthink? (at least 100 words)
Cover page with Topic Title
Table of Contents
Balancing Conformity and Deviance
Description of concept
Strengths & Weaknesses
Team Management Concept #2 (name this concept):
Description of concept
Strengths & Weaknesses
Materials submitted to fulfill requirements in one course may not be submitted in another course. Concerns about the propriety of obtaining outside assistance and acknowledging sources should be addressed to the instructor of the course before the work commences and as necessary as the work proceeds.
- The cover page must include the following statement: By submitting this assignment, I attest this submission represents my own work, and not that of another student, scholar, or internet source. I understand I am responsible for knowing and correctly utilizing referencing and bibliographical guidelines.
- This paper must include at least 7 references from scholarly articles that have publication dates no older than 5 years, in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. Do not cite the management text more than twice in your paper. Do not conduct interviews.
- In-text citations are required to support your thesis statement, paragraph topic sentences points, statements, issues, arguments, concerns, statements of fact, and opinion.
- The required cover page, abstract, table of contents, introduction, conclusion, and reference sections are not included in the required assignment word count but are required as part of your paper.
- The abstract should be written within a range of 150-250 words. It should not introduce your paper or duplicate your introduction section, but articulates a clear and comprehensive overview of the paper’s content with a focus on your findings and includes your biblical application.
- The introduction should not be longer than ½ page. It presents a detailed description of the problems and issues central to the case. A thesis statement, with supporting citation should be at the end of your introduction section.
- Your conclusion section should not be longer than ½ page. It clearly states the answer to the problem which you stated in your introduction.
- Sources of information from Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedias will not be accepted. Similarity scores must not exceed 20%.
- Paragraph lengths: Each paragraph should have a topic sentence unless it continues from or provides support to the prior paragraph. A paragraph is defined in this course as being at least 4 sentences in length.
- The first person may be used in the New Thoughts section. Your opinions should be restricted to this section. All other parts of the assignment must be based on scholarly and biblical literature.
- Avoid clichés, slang, jargon, exaggerations, abbreviations, figurative language, and language that is too informal and/or too subjective.
- Submit your final document for grading with file name syntax: Last name, First Initial, Assignment #. For example Bell, K, Assignment5
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. Also, any form of plagiarism, including cutting and pasting, will result in zero points for the entire assignment. All quoted materials must be properly cited in the current APA format.
Submit this Research Paper to the appropriate link for grading by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
Reminder: Submit to your professor for approval, a narrow, focused management topic of interest to you for your Week 6 Annotated Bibliography which will also be used for your Week 7 Literature Review. Your topic should not be less than 4 words and should not be related to leadership. This is an excellent opportunity to review dissertation topics in the LUO dissertation database to get an idea of how to form a doctoral-level research topic.