Change Management Individual Diagnosis
The goal as individuals- stability. When life is normal, I can succeed.
Reality= VUCA World filled with life-altering earthquakes.
Where are the people in the system?
Immobilized: Cannot take it in. Too much too soon too often. Frozen
- Need- trust in systems to work; trust in the community to pull together
- Often look to authority for answers
Angry: Why me? Why now? Why didn’t they do something earlier?
- Need honest information and assurance
- Often respond to “tough love” emphasizing their responsibility to make decisions about attitude, commitment, and action.
Denial. Act like everything is the same and it will be. Refuse to change.
- Need: reality therapy by those they trust.
- Often respond to concrete and consistent goals, expectations, and follow-through.
Bargaining: Looking for a way out or a way through to a better tomorrow
- Need: rewards for accomplishments; consequences for non-achievement
- Often respond to have some input into and/ or control of how we handle things.
Testing: Seeking realistic solutions. Ownership of being part of the solution.
- Need: a vision for a future that excites and motivates.
- Often respond to seeing their ideas implemented; seeing innovation recognized and rewarded.
Readiness: For new responsibilities; new opportunities; new challenges