Identify Your Service-Learning Site and Goals
By the end of Module 3, turn in a document identifying your service-learning site and addressing the prompts below. You need to complete at least 10 hours of service learning by the end of Module 6. Please take pictures and/or videos to document your experience. (Get permission from anyone else in your pictures/videos before you post them on your PowerPoint presentation.)
Respond to the following:
- Discuss the concept of service learning. How does participating in service learning increase your civic and/or community knowledge? (Cite your sources used in text and also as a full reference at the bottom of the document.)
- Identify the agency/site where you will be completing your 10+ service-learning hours.
- What are the goals and/or mission statements of the organization?
- Identify and describe at least 3 personal objectives and goals for your participation in the service-learning experience.
- How does this project relate to the social issue that you are working on in this class?
- There are many skills that can be learned from participating in service-learning experiences, including increasing social awareness, teamwork, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Name two skills that you would like to increase during this experience and explain why/how. (You can use the skills listed or add your own.