Financial and Operating Ratios[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 13, 14, 15, as well as the Comprehensive Assessment of Firm Financial Performance Using Financial Ratios and Linguistics Analysis of Annual Reports article and the Financial Ratios (Links to an external site.) web page. You will also utilize Appendices 13A, 13B, 13C, and 33A as well as Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown’s financial statements download.
After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template download. You will be responsible for entering your responses directly into the template provided. You will need to ensure that your responses are thorough, examples are given where indicated, and references are listed in APA format in the space provided within the template. In the assignment template provided, complete Parts 1 through 5.
Part 1: Calculations of Financial Ratios
- Calculate the financial ratios for Dr. Smith and Brown’s physician practice to analyze the financial viability of the organization.
- Identify the type of ratio for each of the following:
- Current ratio
- Quick ratio
- Debt Service Coverage ratio (DSCR)
- Operating Margin
- Return on Total Assets (ROTA)
Part 2: Type of Ratios
- Define the type of ratios used in determining the financial viability of an organization.
Part 3: Operating Ratios
- Define the financial ratios utilized to determine the financial status of Dr. Smith and Brown’s physician practice.
- Compare the results in Part 1 with the median to determine the value associated with the financial ratio.
- Analyze the results calculated in Part 1 and explain what the calculated result tells you about the financial health of Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown’s physician practice
Part 4: Capital Budgeting Expenditures – Time Value of Money Calculations
- Calculate each of the operational ratios for Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown’s physician practice.
- Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
- Pay Back Period
Part 5: Evaluation of Capital Expenditures
- Define the time value of money
- Provide a real-world example for the time value of money
- Explain why time is an important factor when considering a capital expenditure.
- After a review of Smith and Dr. Brown’s financial statements download and ratios, analyze the feasibility that the Capital Expenditure listed above would benefit Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown’s practice. Explain your rationale on whether you would recommend the purchase of the capital expenditures identified. Include any positive or negative aspects of regulatory or government mandates that were considered in making the decision to purchase the capital expenditures.
The Financial and Operating Ratios Template download, once completed,
- Should demonstrate an understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, and the application of new knowledge.
- Must have substantive responses within the template and include complete sentences in paragraph format, including citations for each reference listed. Refer to the Writing Center(Links to an external site.) for information on APA guidelines.
- Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center(Links to an external site.).
- Must use one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources(Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice(Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper(Links to an external site.)
- References must be included in the space provided within the template and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.