ELI LILLY CASE ANALYSIS
Case 6-3 “Eli Lilly in India: Rethinking the Joint Venture Strategy.”
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Did Eli Lilly pursue the right strategy (i.e., should it have used a joint venture) to enter the Indian market? Why or why not?
2. Identify and discuss what you would say are the three (3) main achievements of the joint venture?
1. DO NOT do any additional research outside of what is presented in the case.
Your analysis must be based only on information presented in the case and chapters/notes.
2. Please do not focus on the detailed financial data (balance sheets, etc.) presented in the case. Do not do any in depth financial analyses.
3. DO NOT simply summarize the information already provided in the case, except when using as supporting information for a point you are making.
4. Answer the case in a Word doc.
5. Please retype and number the question you are answering.
6. The case analysis should be approximately 300-400 words (total) excluding the title page and questions.
7. Answer all questions using complete sentences. Points will be deducted for using a bulleted/numbered list format. NO BULLETS!!!
8. The paper must be double-spaced, using a regular-sized font (e.g. Times New Roman, 12-point).