BBA 328 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – TERM PAPER REQUIREMENTS
- A term paper on a specific Human Resource Management Topic is REQUIRED for this course.
- The term paper must not be treated as a creative writing assignment; however, as a research paper that focuses on a “Human Resource Management” topic. Thus, your emphasis should be on facts, information, and evidence that involves Human Resource Management.
- The term paper MUST include a brief summary (outline) of issues in your paper that also pertains to the topic and concepts expressed in your textbook. (The outline is similar to an executive summary.
- The term paper MUST be typewritten, and where appropriate, MUST contain reference sources, endnotes, and a bibliography. (References/bibliographies, etc. are separate and do not count toward your page requirements)
- The term paper MUST be a minimum of 4 full pages and a maximum of 5 pages in length, be double spaced
(multiple spaces between lines will adversely affect the grade of your paper), and must have 11-12” font (larger fonts will adversely affect your grade). Again, the bibliography page is separate and does not count as a part of the 4-5 page paper. Also, headings must not take up substantial sections of the page.
- To successfully complete the assignment, conduct research on the topic and report on your findings. In so doing, include key points from your textbook. Do not use your textbook as your only source of information. Provide an analysis of the subject matter where necessary, make HR related recommendations etc
- I am looking for your analysis of the research findings and am interested in your demonstrating what you have learned rather than your repeating information found on the internet. All paraphrases or quotations must be accompanied by in-paragraph citations and a bibliography/reference list. Quoted and paraphrased material are to be used sparingly. See syllabus for guidelines on the use of quoted material. Avoid “over-quoting” or excessive use of others’ material with quotation marks around it. Use your own words!
- All responses to the term projects requirements are to be written thoroughly with complete sentences and appropriate English mechanics. Do not use bullet points, graphs, charts or pictures! Express thoughts clearly in paragraph format. Be descriptive and provide details and thorough explanations. Also, pay attention to grammar, spelling, syntax, organization of ideas, etc.
Term Paper Topics:
- Diversity Training: The Positives and Negatives
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY Plagiarism (Submitting work/reports/material etc. wherein which major components were authored by
someone else), including Self-plagiarism (submitting work/reports/material, etc., used in other courses or this course) will not be tolerated. Students must adhere to the College’s Policy on Academic Honesty. My policy is to give a failing grade to any assignment that has been plagiarized. Additional academic sanctions may include up to an F for the course. In addition, a report of suspected academic dishonesty
may be submitted to the Office of the Dean of Students. This report may become part of your permanent file.