REVISED FIELD EXPERIENCE REPORT
This task is a reflection on a selected lesson from the given options. You will reflect on what you noticed in your selected video. Write 3-4 pages regarding what you notice in this video. This is an academic paper, you must follow the guidelines (beginning, development, conclusion, and appropriate adherence to grammar, as well as punctuation rules). Each question is worth 3 points.
Respond to the following questions in your paper:
- Which video did you select? Why did you choose this video?
- Provide a summary of the lesson. [Limit to ½ page].
- What are two Common Core State Standard(s) that could fit with this lesson? Explain how this standard(s) fits with this lesson.
- What learning objective could fit with this lesson? Write the learning objective in student-friendly language. You must follow the format we did in class for writing objectives.
- What assessment(s) do you notice in this lesson?
- How does the teacher engage with the students during the lesson? What reading strategies do you notice? [Include at least two reading strategies from the course textbook.] Be sure to describe the reading strategies in detail.
- How do the students engage with one another during the lesson? [Include at least two reading strategies or skills from the course textbook.] Be sure to describe the reading strategies or skills in detail.
- What are two Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium Principles standards that can fit with this lesson? Share the standards and explain how they align with this lesson. ( They are in the syllabus on pages 3-4).
- What did you learn from this lesson?
- Make sure that you use APA 7th Edition formatting for in-text citations and your reference page. At a minimum, this should include the course textbook to highlight strategies/skills discussed. Here is a link for APA 7th Edition protocols- https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
I recommend that you watch the video more than once, take notes, and make those connections to the course text, course discussions and what we covered this semester in reference to reading instruction