CLA 2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment 2 – CLO 3, CLO 6, CLO 7
In your role as Director of Operations, you have collaborated with department heads to create a cross-functional and collaborative organization, good work. Thus far, Management Information Systems (MIS) has been supporting the organization’s activities and assisted in organizational management. Now it is time for you to continue with the next phases of the organization’s strategic management plan. In your meeting with the board of directors, you must present many aspects of the organization, including technology. Specifically, the board needs to understand how your current and future technology implementations will facilitate the decision-making process. Please present a detailed analysis of the following topics in the context of decision-making and strategic planning:
● Data Mining in the context of predictive analytics & Big Data, as a competitive strategy
● CRM as a source of sustainable competitive advantage
● Hardware & Software in terms of disaster recovery & business process continuity (BPC)
● Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in terms of sustaining a cross-functional organization
● Telecommunications in terms of using networks & social media to compete on the global stage
● Systems implemented to mitigate the effects of risk on information security and the ethical use of information
● Summary of how to integrate all of these systems
Your detailed analysis should be presented using these bullet points as subject headings in your paper.
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for Comprehensive Learning Assessments (CLAs) on pages 18-19 of the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.
CLA2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment (CLA 2) Presentation
In addition to your CLA2 report, please prepare a professional PowerPoint presentation summarizing your findings for CLA2. The presentation will consist of your major findings, analysis, and recommendations in a concise presentation of 5 slides (minimum). You should use content from your CLA2 report as material for your PowerPoint presentation. In addition, you should include learning outcomes from all your major assignments. An agenda, executive summary, and references slides should also be included. Please keep in mind that the university is moving towards a more digital footprint for our students.
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for CLA2 Presentations on page 19 of the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.