Assignment on Consumer Behavior
- Assignments represent one-third of the final grade, so they should not be taken lightly. If you want a top grade, do top-grade work: research your topic, then write clearly, explain and support your answers, avoid misspellings, personalize your answers (be opinionated/ express your likes and dislikes whenever possible) -and use creativity, adding color and images to enhance and support an answer, etc. You have plenty of time, so use it to do good work and improve your grade!
- 9: Research and identify what types of ads are particularly effective in each of these social networking sites, and why: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Give an example for each site.
- 10: Which of the stages of the traditional family life cycle are the most lucrative for these businesses: a) group chat live rooms like talkee.com, b) Club Med vacation, c) Disney World resort, d) Winnebago motor homes. Copy their ads, determine their target demographics, and explain your answers.
- 11: Find an online ad for a personal care product. Copy it and discuss the symbols used in the ad and their effectiveness in conveying the desired product image or characteristics (apply concepts mentioned in the chapter).
- 12: Find the following data for Hispanics, and indicate its sources: What % of the U.S. population is comprised of Hispanics? What is their current buying power in $ billion? Is their median age younger or older than non-Hispanic whites? What % of the U.S. population are they expected to represent by 2050?. Also, what is their average family size compared to other subcultures?
- 13: Indicate how you made your decision to attend ( Name of your college) rather than another institution. Use the 3-Stage Consumer Decision Making Process to explain your decision. Note: there’s no right or wrong answer; explain your own case in an honest and personal way in terms of whether it fits the specifics of the 3-Stage Process. In which specific ways are you happy and disappointed with your decision (be honest!), and what does it say about the 3-Stage Process? The best answers are opinionated and truthful